Facebook is very has set clear guidelines on how to make correct references in writing/text to its name. Here are 8 of these official guidelines which will help you stay clear of any illegal infringment on Facebook’s property
- You can make a reference to Facebook (online and offline) to describe your presence on Facebook and your use of the products and services that Facebook offer. Your reference must be truthful, and cannot suggest that you are affiliated with, sponsored, or endorsed by Facebook.
- Written or Textual references to Facebook should never be hyperlinked to anything but your Facebook.com login page.
- Never combine your name with Facebook’s name.
- Facebook should be in the same font size and style as the other content.
- When referenced in text, Facebook should be capitalized.
- When inviting users to like your Page, say ‘like our Page‘ or ‘become a fan by clicking Like on our Page‘. Do not invite them to ‘friend’ your Page – users can only become friends with other users.
- Do not use Facebook, or any other of our trademarks, as a verb. They should not be pluralize either since trademarks may not be modified in that manner.
- When referring to Facebook as the method by which you are organizing an event, you must make it clear that you, and not Facebook, are responsible for the event.